Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Stuff about me, by Herbs

I used to live in Ireland
I didn't get much grub
Or a nice warm stable
All cosy and snug

Now I get a nice warm bed
And three square meals a day
I play all day with my friends
Then munch big nets of hay

I really like those orange things
And things with stalks are scrum
But if you want to give me titbits
Please first ask my Mum

Food I Love.....

  • Stud Muffins
  • Mint or Herb (I think they made them especially for me) flavoured treats
  • Any nuts or cubes
  • Orange things
  • Things with stalks
  • Most stuff that grows in the ground
  • Walkers Ready Salted crisps - best eaten in private, uncontrollable things happen when I eat them :-o
  • Swede and Parsnips
  • Polo's and Extra Strong Mints (makes my breath lovely but Mum says I shouldn't have too many because of fillings - whatever they are)
  • Sugar Beet - mmmm yum, why do I only get it in winter??
  • Honey, scrummy mummy thank you, more please
  • Crispy fluffy hay - its grass really but dried up. I don't know how they do it but I can eat loads and loads and almost go pop sometimes

Food that is wrong.....

  • Banana's - wrong (as Adam would say - he knows who he is, Mum worked with him)
  • Medicine of every kind - no horsey should have this horrible stuff put in their dinner
  • Chocolate - yeuch
  • Brocolli. You can live on it, but it tastes like sh*t so why bother
  • Turnip. I will eat it but its pointless

Things I don't like.....

  • People growing - my Mum can explain, and no, I don't mean her because she's lovely :-*
  • Being told to be sensible when I really want to be a lunatic
  • My mane being pulled. I prefer to look like a loo brush than have it pulled out
  • Being groomed when my new coat is coming through - ewwww, its annoying
  • Being bitten. I've had enough of midges, they target my bits and it's NOT NICE

Things I'm good at.....

  • Staying (reasonably) sensible if my horsey friends in front of me gallop off
  • Learning stuff. I never get naughty when I'm in the sand school and I do try. Some things are hard though and I get confused
  • Leg yielding! I like that, its easy
  • Opening gates, I'm getting really good and I really listen to what Mum wants me to do
  • Not diving off to eat grass when I've got my head collar on

As I think of more things I will add them to my list just for you. Right now, I need to get back to munching my hay because otherwise I might not finish it by morning and that would be very WRONG!